Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm so Excited!!

Well, we have finally finished my first Pinterest project that I wanted to tackle. After a trip to Michael's and Walmart we got a couple more colors of fabric and a strand of clear lights and we were ready to finish up. I found a lighted garland on Pinterest and thought it would look adorable if I used colors that would complement my classroom colors and then make it as a garland to hang over my doorway as everyone enters my classroom. I obviously haven't been able to figure out if it will work on my school doorway but I have tried it at home and I think it looks adorable! So, I am posting some pics with directions if you want to try it out on your own. :)


First of all, we bought the quarter cuts of fabric at Walmart and these are the colors we chose. We cut it into squares and then cut the squares into about an 11/2 inch wide strip. These are the strips that you see here.


Then we started tying them around the light strand (50) in random order just making sure the colors were mixed up. We thought it would look better like that, rather than making a specific pattern.


Just keep adding ties until you have the whole strand covered.


Here you see the finished product hanging over the doorway.


A closeup view of it while it is lit up. :)


This is what it looks like with the lights off. ;)

I am really excited to get back to my room and see how it is going to look over my classroom door! Let me know what you think!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love that! I might have to try that soon!

    Becca
    Simply 2nd Resources

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really easy and it turned out even cuter than I imagined! :) If you make one be sure to post it!

    ReplyDelete