Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Day of Crafting!

Well, after a workshop this morning on Common Core standards, I came back home to my daughter ready to do more crafts! :)  So, we accomplished 2 more crafts I found on Pinterest that I wanted to make. First of all, I had these really BORING clipboards from school and I decided I wanted to decorate them up and make them much cuter.  Here are the directions and some pics so you can see my project as it unfolds. :)


First, I started with my ugly brown clipboards and a variety of 12x12 scrapbook sheets.


Next, apply a layer of mod-podge to the entire clipboard. Be careful to hold the clip up until the paper is on or it will stick to the board.


Next smooth the scrapbook sheet onto the mod-podge and rub out any lumps.


I didn't paper both sides, instead I just folded over the sides and mod-podged them on. (lazy...I know)


Let the back dry for about 15 min. and then mod-podge over the front paper.


Let the front dry for about 15 min. and voila you have a decorated clipboard!!


Here is part of what I did...20 clipboards all together! 

I plan to have my kiddos working from the meeting carpet quite a bit so I thought some fun, cute clipboards would make it easier and more exciting! :)

Second craft of the day....Lollipop Trees!!  I am using my clip chart behavior chart this year and if they get at least one great day for the week they will get to pick a lollipop from the tree. Each tree has 6 dum-dum suckers with the bottom tip colored with a marker. If the kiddo pulls that one they will be the lucky winner of a prize from the prize box as well! 





We started with small styrofoam balls, 2 plant pots and a big bag of Dum-Dum suckers.


Place the ball into the plant pot and starting at the top center, start adding dum-dums in a variety of colors.


Keep adding suckers until all the styrofoam ball is covered.



Here are my 2 Lollipop Trees!

Hope you enjoy my day of crafting! We had a lot of fun and we have made some awesome things for my classroom! :D
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So super cute!!! Love crafting:) I'm gonna have to do that with my clipboards:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I'm stealing that idea from you too.

    PrekMomDotCom

    ReplyDelete