Friday, August 5, 2011

Classroom Set up: Day One

Well, originally we weren't supposed to get into our building until Monday the 8th. However, we had a meet-n-greet today where we walked around the school neighborhood and passed out magnets and welcomed families back to school. It was long and hot, but it was great to see some of the kiddos! :)  Anyway, our principal was super nice and let us get in our rooms a little early.

Remember that I not only switched from 4th to 1st, but I also completely moved rooms and floors. So, EVERYTHING I have is boxed up. My mom and I worked really hard to declutter some of the cabinets and closets. I donated a lot of stuff to the hallway so that it will hopefully find a new home and I also threw away a lot of junk too. My mom completely organized my reading cabinet with all my little leveled readers and such. I just need to make some labels so I know exactly what basket is what.



I worked really hard to organize my other cabinet with all of my math manipulatives.


Also, need labels here too...

And we were able to unpack some other boxes and start finding homes for the stuff in them. We at least cleaned off most of the tables in the middle of the room. Now, I have a few more boxes and tubs to unpack and I plan to start rearranging furniture and bringing in some of the new things I have bought this summer as well as some of the items I have had stored in my basement since I taught Kindergarten 2 years ago.  We still have a long way to go but with the meet-n-greet, I think we accomplished quite a bit today! :)









My stepdad is still planning to go in on Monday and finish up painting some of the blue trim and he is also going to add some more shelving in my coat closet. (That is where my math & reading cabinet are stored too.)  Sorry for the quality of my photos they were taken with my phone since I forgot to bring my camera!  Updates to come as we continue working. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment