Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday Made it!

YAY! I finally get to link up with Tara at  4th Grade Frolics for her Monday Made It! Linky Party.


I have been pinning many ideas and looking at all the fabulous creations everyone else has made along the way and just haven't been motivated myself to make anything. But finally...I did it!

The first thing I made is one of the most popular items I have seen lately...The Teacher Toolbox!



It was hard to decide what all I wanted to have each drawer for. :)






My teaching partner and I have decided to use The School Bell.Com to teach our sight words this year. They have 11 lists to teach the Dolch Sight words for first grade. We made each list a different color and put them into baggies because the kids can use them to play games and practice with partners. We wanted a good way to organize them and when we went shopping for the items for our Teacher Toolbox at Lowe's we found an amazing little organizer that was perfect!


Here is how it turned out:


The bottom pink card is eventually going to say "Pig Cards" for the cards they need to play the game Pig.


Each door opens and you see three separate slots. The baggies of cards are inside. I also put different stickers on the back of each set of cards so if one gets lost, I will know which baggie it came from. :)


This is a baggie of cards for list one.


My last project, was also found on Pinterest. I saw these little to do frames and had to make some of my own!


I plan to use these for reminders or to do lists in my classroom...I think they turned out really cute!

Please head over to 4th Grade Frolics and link up with any of your creations!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your toolbox and how organized your word cards are! Great thinking! I need to get on making those adorable to-do frames!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. your toolbox came out awesome..i love your page...im your newest follower...drop by=)











    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete