Saturday, May 26, 2012

Good to be back!

Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted anything since February! Part of it was being busy with school and family and the other part is just plain being lazy. I have taken pictures of things with the idea of posting it to my blog and then just never gotten around to it. So, this post is going to be a from a while ago and then I will just keep adding posts until we are all caught up. LOL

In March, for ISAT state testing, 1st grade was in charge of being cheering buddies for our 4th grade students. A couple of the things I made for them were...

I made this smile face with our di-cut machine and then stuck the air head in the mouth like a tongue sticking out. LOL



"Don't Worry...Be Happy!"

I also loved these little smartie pants that I saw on pinterest, so I had to make them too! :)


I copied the pant clipart onto blue, red, and yellow paper and then cut out 2 pieces and stapled them together. I then taped the message on the front and stuffed the smarties into the pant legs.



Be a "Smartie" pants on the test!!

On the Monday before the testing began, the 3-5th graders were invited to have a donut breakfast in the gym. The first grade classes practiced a couple of ISAT cheers and read them to the kids. They really liked it! But, the best thing of all that morning was our "Flash Mob". The teachers planned to just randomly start singing "I Will Survive" the ISAT test. It was hilarious and the kids started clapping along. I think we really got them all pumped up and ready for the test. Of course, we won't know until next school year how they did, but hopefully they felt confident and ready to do their best on the test!


Come back tomorrow to learn about our best field trip ever!  It's so good to be back!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment