|Photo source: http://www.mrsjumpsclass.com/|
We finished the afternoon off with a penguin art project from the Party with the Penguins unit I bought made by Chrisite at First-Grade-Fever. They were easy for the kids to cut out and put together and they are absolutely adorable!
Anyway, the kids were fantastic and it started my weekend off just the right way! After school we headed out of town to "Grandma's cabin" at Kishauwau on the Vermilion. It was beautiful! My family of 4, my aunt and uncle, and my 3 cousins and their spouses spent Friday night to Sunday morning spending time visiting, playing games and having lots of fun and good food together. Hated to see it come to an end. :( We are already planning our next trip!
When I came back I found that I had been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Traci at Dragonflies at First! :)
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
Thanks Traci for the award! I checked out her site and it is awesome...so be sure to stop by and become a follower!
2. Tell 7 things about yourself.
* I was a receptionist at a doctor's office when I decided to go back to college to get my teaching degree. I continued working full time until I was ready for my student teaching.
* I am a technology addict! LOL My new phone is an iPhone 4S and I also got an iPad 2 for Christmas. I also cannot live without my laptop....well maybe I need it a little less now with my iPad. :)
*I have been married for 8 years to the man of my dreams! I was planning our wedding at the same time that I was going to college, working full time and raising 2 kids. I couldn't have done it without him and I love how supportive he was through it all.
* I love to watch my children in their extra curricular activities...this is the start of a busy show choir season for my son and daughter. We also spend a lot of time at baseball and soccer games for my son and swim meets for my daughter.
* After teaching for 2 years, I decided to go back and get my master's in reading and literacy. My husband really wanted me to go for administration, but my heart isn't in that at ALL! So, I chose to get it in something I could actually use. :)
* My husband and my kids both think I spend too much money on my classroom. I love to make it homey because sometimes I feel like I spend more time there than I do at home!
* I like to be involved in everything...I can't stand to have decisions being made about things and feel like I don't have a voice in the matter. Because of this, I am on WAY TOO MANY committees. But, at least I know what is going on and can speak up if I don't agree with something. :)
3. Pass this on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they received the award. These are a few new ones that I have recently started following! I had trouble finding brand new sites because it is past my bedtime, but I will post more as I find them. :)